Description and Composition of Krishat Relief Gel
Table of Contents
Krishat Relief Gel is a gel with multiple active pharmaceutical ingredients used externally to relieve pain and inflammation or swelling associated with musculoskeletal disorders. It also contains inactive ingredients called excipients in sufficient quantities. The active ingredients Krishat Relief Gel composition include the following:
- Linseed Oil BP – 3% w/w
- Diclofenac Diethylamine BP – 1.16%w/w
- Equivalent to Diclofenac Sodium – 1% w/w
- Methyl Salicylate BP – 10% w/w
- Menthol BP – 5% w/w
- Preservative Benzyl Alcohol BP – 1% w/w
- Gel base – q/s
Uses and Indications of Krishat Relief Gel
Krishat Relief Gel is for external use only
- It is a topical anti-inflammatory gel for the relief of pain and swelling.
- Diclofenac Sodium is the active ingredient in this Gel. Diclofenac Sodium belongs to a drug category called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics.
- This Gel is used to relieve pain and reduce swelling in a number of conditions affecting the joints and muscles.
- It is used to treat inflammation of tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints due to trauma (e.g. Sports injuries, sprains bruises), soft tissue rheumatism and localized rheumatic conditions e.g., bursitis and for aches and pains, back, neck and shoulder pain.
- Linolenic acid, present in the Linseed Oil is giving emollient effect.
- Menthol when applied to skin dilates the vessels, causing sensation of coldness followed by an analgesic effect. Menthol relieves itching and is used in rheumatic pains.
- Methyl Salicylate is readily absorbed through skin and used for the relief in lumbago, sciatica and rheumatic conditions.
Contraindications of Krishat Relief Gel
Krishat Relief Gel must not be used in the presence of hypersensitivity (e.g. asthma attacks, skin reaction, acute rhinitis) to acetylsalicylic acid or other non steroid anti inflammatory agents, severe disorders of liver function or haemopoiesis disorders.
Direction for use
Gently rub a small amount of Krishat Relief Gel into the skin around the swollen or painful area. The amount of gel needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or swollen area being treated.
You can apply the Gel 2 or 3 times a day unless your physician advises otherwise. You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel into the skin.
- For external use only.
- Apply only to intact skin, not open wounds or any other area where the skin is abnormal.
- After applying the gel, do not cover with bandages or sticking plaster.
- Never swallow this Gel.
- Avoid contact with eyes or mucous membranes. If this happens, wash your eyes out with clean water and seek immediate medical advice.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 2 weeks or they get worse, seek immediate medical advice.
- Not suitable during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
How to Store Krishat Relief Gel
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30° C. Do not freeze. Protect from light and keep out of reach of children.
Presentation : Available in 30g tube