The drug of choice in the treatment of mild Depression is SSRI (Fluoxetine).
SSRIs is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
Other examples of SSRIs include
Common Side effects of SSRIs
Side effects associated with SSRIs include but not limited to:
- Agitation, shaky or anxious
- feeling or being sick
- diarrhoea or constipation
- loss of appetite and weight loss
- blurred vision
- dry mouth
- excessive sweating
- sleeping problems (insomnia) or drowsiness
- low sex drive
- difficulty achieving orgasm during sex or masturbation
- in men, difficulty obtaining or maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction)