Description and Composition of Mono-Baycuten Cream
Table of Contents
Mono-Baycuten is a broad spectrum antimycotic cream with fungicidal action for local application. Mono-Baycuten contains Clotrimazole 1% or 2% as its active pharmaceutical ingredient. It also contains inert base cream (o/w) made to 100% of its volume. Mono-Baycuten cream is odourless, can be washed off and does not stain.
Mono-Baycuten has a reliable action on dermatophytes, yeasts and other fungi.
Uses and Indications of Mono-Baycuten Cream
The confirmed indications for Mono-Baycuten Cream include:
- All dermatomycoses due to dermatophytes (e.g. Trichophyton species),
- All dermatomycoses due to yeasts (Candida species)
- Dermatomycoses due to moulds and other fungi.
- Skin diseases showing secondary infection with these fungi,
To the dermatomycoses listed under 1-4 belong for example:
- interdigital mycoses (e.g. Athlete’s foot)
- paronychias (associated with nail mycoses)
- mycoses in skin folds
- Candida vulvitis
- Candida balanitis
- pityriasis versicolor
Application and Dosage of Mono-Baycuten Cream
Mono-Baycuten cream is thinly applied 2-3 times daily to the diseased sites and rubbed in. On account of the excellent efficacy, a small amount of cream is usually sufficient for an area about the size of the palm.
For the treatment to become a full success, reliable and sufficiently long application of Mono-Baycuten cream is important (below-mentioned). The duration of treatment varies, it depends among other factors on the extent and localisation of the disease.
It is usually in:
- dermatomycoses 3 – 4 weeks
- Candida vulvitis and Candida balanitis 1 – 2 weeks
- erythrasma and pityriasis versicolor approx. 3 weeks
In fungal infection of the feet, to prevent relapses, treatment should be continued for about 2 weeks beyond the disappearance of all signs of disease. After washing, the feet should be thoroughly dried (spaces between the toes), before applying the cream.
Side Effects of Mono-Baycuten
When applied topically, Mono-Baycuten is perfectly tolerated. Although, in some persons, skin irritation may be experienced. Some persons can also feel pain or a burning or stinging sensation.
Other side effects include:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- skin irritation, burning
If any of these effects is non-tolerable, please discontinue its use and contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
With external application, no systemic effects are to be expected.