Description of Wate-On Emulsion
Wate-On emulsion is a carefully balanced formulation designed to combat underweight problems caused by poor eating habits and diminished appetite. The product is particularly suitable for recuperating patients who find it difficult to eat solid foods.
Wate-on emulsion contains pure vegetable oil in an easily assimilable emulsion form together with vitamins from the important B group. The product helps to prevent vitamin deficiency and encourages a healthy appetite. Wate-On contains no animal fats and does not significantly increase blood cholesterol. The ability to gain weight varies from person to person, descending on diverse factors such as individual metabolism, exercise, climate, etc.
In general the following factors are essential to significant weight increase:
- Calories: Our bodies need calories to produce energy and heat and the only source is from our diet. Excess calories tend to be stored in the body as fatty tissue but conversely if we fail to cat sufficient calories the body draws upon the reserves of fat to maintain the essential body mechanisms Wate-On provides 150 calories per 30ml dose or 450 calories per day at the recommended dosage rate
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates occur naturally in starchy foods such as bread, potatoes, sugar, etc., and are the first source of energy for the body. Excess intake is stored mainly in the form of fatty tissue but also in the organs and the muscles. Wate-On has a carbohydrate value equivalent to 12.5%.
- Fats: After carbohydrates these are the secondary source of energy for the body. Wate-On has a fat content of 50%
- Regular, well balanced diet: Wate-On helps to correct dietary imbalances by providing additional viatmins and nutrients and the appetite-stimulating properties encourage regular cating habits. It should be emphasised than for maximum effect Wate-On must be taken in addition to normal meals, not as a replacement
Composition of wate-on Emulsion
Each 30ml of Wate-On contains:
- Vitamin B1 0.53mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 0.85mg
- Vitamin B6 0.74mg
- Vitamin D2 140 i.u.
- Nicotinamide 6.0mg
- Calcium pantothenate 0.42mg.
- Maize oil
Uses of wate-on Emulsion
Wate-On emulsion helps to solve under- weight problems caused by faded appetite and poor eating habits, and gives extra nourishment This is because it contains weight-building and energy producing substances. Wate-on contains important B vitamins.
Contraindications of Wate-On Emulsion
When should i not take Wate-On emulsion?
In conditions where a fat-free diet is required, such as gall bladder disturbances or diabetes, this preparation should only be taken under the supervision of a medical doctor.
Dosage of Wate-On Emulsion
30ml (2 tablespoonfuls) three times daily, after or between meals and before retiring.
Half the adult dosage Wate-On may be taken direct from the spoon or, if preferred, mixed in a glass of milk or fruit juice.
Half the adult dose or as directed by physician.
Side Effects of Wate-On Emulsion
There is no known side effects of Wate-On or any effect on overdosage.
Do you need to know more about your drugs?
Do you have a need to talk to a pharmacist?
Then use the button below to chat a pharmacist